Tuesday, August 14, 2007

September's Book



The Rescue
by Nicholas Sparks

September 13th, Thursday 8pm at Judy's


Summary

A volunteer fireman and a single mother join forces to find the woman's son who has been lost in a storm. While searching for the boy, the two adults find themselves increasingly close.

6 comments:

Meridith said...

Oh Judy, wish I could come... My new book club meets the 1st Thursday of the month, and Judd has roundtable every 1st Thursday!!! Ugh, murphy's law of course...

Meridith said...

Also, a new good book, Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. And the next 2 in the series are New Moon, and Eclipse. I couldn't put them down!!

Reading Women said...

Meridith,
We sure wish you were here to join us! Hope all is well!
Judy

Reading Women said...

It was a good, easy read. A fun little love story. When Nicholas Sparks wrote about the character Kyle, he was writing from person experience. Nicholas son had a lot of the same problems and had to go to Dr. after Dr. They also had to work with their son for hours and hours.

Shelly, thanks for coming to bookclub!
Judy

Reading Women said...

Judy,
Sorry I missed it, my husband's meeting ran longer than anticipated. I hope you had a good turn out. What's the next book?
Aimee

Amy C said...

Judy,

I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the bookclub that night, either. My husband had meetings until 9:30pm. I enjoyed the book, though. Although, I wish the author hadn't killed Mitch. This seemed like unnecessary drama, to me! : )

A book I'd like to recommend is A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. It is about the women in Afghanistan for the past thirty years, so it is sad, sad, sad. But in the way The Hiding Place is sad. Anyway, it is a powerful book to read.

Thanks,
Amy