Saturday, July 8, 2017

July's Book


Please post your response to the Facebook group or email her.
Thank you!

Message from Stacy C.,
I may have picked a book ,but I want to run something past everyone. There is an author named Georgette Heyer who wrote in the 1920's and they compare her books to jane Austen, she has written tons of books and I thought it might be interesting for everyone to pick one and we could compare them to each other and to Jane Austen novels, what we love/hate about both of them. they are free on kindle unlimited (someone could borrow my kindles if they don't have unlimited) I think some are on the library e-book site. Or I'm also reading a book called the storied life of AJ Fikry, but not sure if it's a good book club selection yet.
What do you think?

UPDATE
Any Regency Period work
by Georgette Heyer

July 20th (3rd Thurs)
7:30 pm at Stacy C.'s

Note from Stacy C.
Pick a regency period book by Georgette Heyer. A couple titles are 'The Great Sophie', Frederica, The Talisman Ring, The Foundling... etc.. they are quick funny quirky little novels. We will compare plots and characters and how they compare to Jane Austen novels. She write mysteries too but we are going to focus on the regency period books.

Click here to find Georgette Heyer books at the public library
Click here to find Georgette Heyer books on Amazon
Click here to find Georgette Heyer books at Barnes and Noble

To learn a little more about Georgette Heyer's click here


Stacy also mentioned another work as a possibility for future reading The Storied Life of AJ Fikry

No comments: